Jobs & Calls
seeking a new job or your first role in the behavioral sciences? whether you’re here to check out which companies are hiring behavioral thought leaders, or looking for a conference to submit your paper, look no further than the bspa jobs board!
for our organization-based community – wanting to apply behavioral science but don’t know where to turn? explore our matchmaker portal below to connect with a behavioral science expert.
jobs & calls
- Most Recent
- Academia 
- Aerospace & Defense 
- Banking & Finance 
- Business Services 
- call 
- Consultancy 
- DC.GOV 
- Health 
- NGO 
- Retail & Distribution 
- Technology 
Senior Research Associate, Debates: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Freetown, Sierra Leone
June 16th, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a highly motivated, technically skilled Senior Research Associate, who is passionate about working in Africa with large amount of data on issues of political economy. The Senior Research Associate will work closely with lead researchers at Stanford and MIT, civil society groups, and Sierra Leone’s major political parties, as well as the IPA Country Director on a large scale Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT) in the run up to Sierra Leone’s nation and local elections in 2018. The RCT will examine the impact of greater openness in the process political parties use to select candidates as well as the impact, at scale, of debates between candidates from different parties in the general election. The study will start in the summer of 2017 run through Sierra Leone general election in 2018.
The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The work will stretch your analytical, inter-personal and management skills and will require your full commitment in a challenging environment. This position will be based in Freetown, but will require frequent field visits throughout Sierra Leone as well as close cooperation with the rest of the research team both in Sierra Leone and in the US.
A previous RCT during the last election showed that public debate screenings improved voters’ general political knowledge, as well as knowledge of specific candidates and their policy positions. They further improved the alignment between the voters’ reported policy positions and those of the candidates they voted for. Candidates also conducted more visits and increased campaign spending. Additionally, in the year after their election MPs who participated in the debates engaged more and invested more in their constituency among other notable impacts. The study can be found here…
Hear About Jobs Via Email
Want to have access to the latest jobs, hot off the press? Sign up here and we will ensure that the latest job alerts arrive straight in your inbox.
Share a Job or Opportunity
Recruiters – wanting to hire a behavioral science candidate? Let us know by submitting the form below or emailing your job opportunity to [email protected].
The Matchmaker Portal
forging a stronger connection between behavioral science and policy makers
policy influencer & practitioner benefits
- We arrange consultation services with the BSPA membership base – comprised of leading behavioral scientists with an expertise in government, corporate and non-profit settings
- We provide access to the most current, insights-driven behavioral policy recommendations and implementation of behavioral insights and interventions via articles, white papers, abstracts, essays
behavioral science expert benefits
- We sustain a forum for consultation with policy influencers and practitioners interested in testing and applying rigorous research to real issues
- We support the cultivation of relationships, collaborative efforts and opportunities with fellow behavioral science experts
- We identify opportunities for fellowships, internships, and positions in government and private sector organizations in which social scientists can design and implement practice-focused research or help interpret such research for policy development and implementation
- In partnership with The Brookings Institution, we democratize access to publish applied behavioral research and policy recommendations research by way of a unique peer-reviewed journal