Jobs & Calls
seeking a new job or your first role in the behavioral sciences? whether you’re here to check out which companies are hiring behavioral thought leaders, or looking for a conference to submit your paper, look no further than the bspa jobs board!
for our organization-based community – wanting to apply behavioral science but don’t know where to turn? explore our matchmaker portal below to connect with a behavioral science expert.
jobs & calls
- Most Recent
- Academia 
- Aerospace & Defense 
- Banking & Finance 
- Business Services 
- call 
- Consultancy 
- Data Analyst 
- DC.GOV 
- Fellowship 
- Health 
- NGO 
- Retail & Distribution 
- Technology 
Behavioral Insights for AI Policy and Regulation
Behavioral Science & Policy invites researchers and scholars to submit research papers exploring the intricate relationship between Artificial Intelligence (AI) and behavioral science, with a particular focus on the implications for this rapidly evolving technology for public policy. This call aims to foster a better understanding of how AI is used and the cognitive, social, and systemic impacts it elicits, while also addressing the pressing need for effective regulation. Papers may take the form of proposals, essays, new empirical research, or reviews (see below)–but must be firmly grounded in rigorous empirical behavioral science and its application to practice.
The integration of AI into various aspects of our lives has already led to transformative changes across industries, including healthcare, finance, transportation, and education. As AI systems become more prevalent and sophisticated, it is crucial to investigate how people interact with them and the consequences of these interactions for individuals, communities, and society as a whole. AI has the potential to assist in addressing complex social issues and governance through data-driven insights and the design and targeting of behavioral interventions. At the same time, the ethical and regulatory challenges surrounding AI deployment necessitate interdisciplinary research to ensure that the technology aligns with societal values, including fairness and the protection of individual rights.
We invite researchers from diverse fields, including but not limited to behavioral economics, cognitive science, computer science, ethics, law, management, psychology, public policy, and sociology to contribute original work that sheds light on the behavioral aspects of AI, and in particular, its deployment and regulation.
Click here to learn more and to submit: LINK
Sudeep Bhatia – Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
Craig Fox – Professor of Management, University of California Los Angeles
Sharad Goel – Professor of Public Policy, Harvard University
James Landay – Professor of Computer Science, Stanford University
Barbara Mellers – Professor of Psychology and Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania
Stefano Puntoni – Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania
Kevin Werbach – Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics, University of Pennsylvania
CBC is seeking applications for our Behavior Change for Climate Action Challenge 2023
The Center for Behavior and Climate (CBC) is seeking applications for our Behavior Change for Climate Action Challenge 2023. The application is just 3 pages. Deadline Nov. 1st, 2023. To request application, email [email protected].
Applying behavior change to climate change can lead to more effective collective and individual climate actions. Together, collective and individual efforts provide the scaffolding for the systemic change we need to solve the climate crisis.
Climate areas of interest include but are not limited to: energy conservation, public action (e.g., policy support, volunteering, protesting, voting for politicians supporting climate action), food choices, tree planting, soil restoration, blue carbon restoration, renewable energy, and electrification of cars, trucks, buses.
Applicable evidence-based behavior change include, but are not limited to, the following: Make it easy, Nudges/Choice Architecture; Prompts; Justification; Instructions; Rewards; Feedback; Social Modeling (social norms, block leaders, community interventions); Cognitive Dissonance; Commitments; Setting Goals; Games; and Tools to Counter Cognitive Biases.
CBC will select 2 nonprofits for this challenge. Each of the selected nonprofits will receive:
1) free technical assistance to learn how to apply behavior change for climate action from the CBC (workshop and continued technical support);
2) $6975 in funds to apply behavior change to an existing or new climate action project.
https://climate.bds.com/behavior-change-for-climate-action-challenge: Applications accepted til Nov. 1, 2023
Hear About Jobs Via Email
Want to have access to the latest jobs, hot off the press? Sign up here and we will ensure that the latest job alerts arrive straight in your inbox.
Share a Job or Opportunity
Recruiters – wanting to hire a behavioral science candidate? Let us know by submitting the form below or emailing your job opportunity to [email protected].
The Matchmaker Portal
forging a stronger connection between behavioral science and policy makers
policy influencer & practitioner benefits
- We arrange consultation services with the BSPA membership base – comprised of leading behavioral scientists with an expertise in government, corporate and non-profit settings
- We provide access to the most current, insights-driven behavioral policy recommendations and implementation of behavioral insights and interventions via articles, white papers, abstracts, essays
behavioral science expert benefits
- We sustain a forum for consultation with policy influencers and practitioners interested in testing and applying rigorous research to real issues
- We support the cultivation of relationships, collaborative efforts and opportunities with fellow behavioral science experts
- We identify opportunities for fellowships, internships, and positions in government and private sector organizations in which social scientists can design and implement practice-focused research or help interpret such research for policy development and implementation
- In partnership with The Brookings Institution, we democratize access to publish applied behavioral research and policy recommendations research by way of a unique peer-reviewed journal